Do you know what you should be eating to get under 10% body fat? Here is a quick rundown.
A high body fat percentage is detrimental to your health and fitness for several reasons:
- Increased risk of chronic diseases: High body fat percentage is associated with an increased risk of developing chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and certain cancers.
- Reduced mobility: Carrying excess body fat can make it difficult to move around and perform physical activities. This can result in decreased mobility and a higher risk of falls and injuries.
- Joint pain: Excess body fat can put additional strain on your joints, particularly those in your knees and hips. This can lead to joint pain and osteoarthritis.
- Sleep apnea: High body fat percentage can increase your risk of sleep apnea, a condition that causes interrupted breathing during sleep and can lead to daytime fatigue and other health problems.
- Decreased self-esteem: Many people with high body fat percentage may feel self-conscious or uncomfortable with their appearance, which can negatively impact their mental health and self-esteem.
You can counter that unwanted extra fat in your body in two ways. Exercise and nutrition. We have extensively covered how exercising can help and what you should be doing to decrease your body fat percentage.
Best Cardio Machines For Fat Loss
Best Barbell Complex for Insane Fat Loss
10 Best Exercises To Lose Weight At Home
The Perfect Workout to Lose Weight
In the following paragraphs, we will address the latter: nutrition – more specifically what you should be eating to get under 10% body fat. For that, we can listen to expert Dr Mike Diamonds.
Dr. Mike Diamonds is a retired medical doctor who is now an online fitness coach and a YouTuber. He has close to a million subscribers on his channel and he usually uses his own body transformation as an example of how to help people become their better selves. He is also the creator of the website Sculpt by Science.
Check out what you should be eating to get under 10% body fat.
What You Should Be Eating To Get Under 10% Body Fat
Before you understand what you should be eating to get under 10% body fat, it is important to note that you don’t have to aim for under 10% body fat. In fact, under 10% body fat is usually reserved for people getting into competitions or for very enthusiastic fitness lovers.
If that is your case, continue scrolling down. If not, know that you don’t need such a lower body fat percentage to look strong and fit.
In Diamonds’ video explanation on what you should be eating to get under 10% body fat, he explains that this is exactly what he was eating to lose fat and build muscle simultaneously.
In the video below, Diamonds shows what he ate and explains the macronutrients of his meals. He went from 27% of body fat to 17% and finally reached a 7% body fat percentage. In total, there are 4 meals (and how to prepare them) for you to lose belly fat.
Click on the video to get all the details.
VIDEO – What You Should Be Eating To Get Under 10% Body Fat
Now you know what you should be eating to get under 10% body fat. At least it worked with Mike Diamonds. If you want to continue developing your fitness and lower your body fat, check out this curated list of articles from BOXROX that we think you might find useful.
How Losing Stubborn Belly Fat Actually Works
How to Lose Weight Fast and Transform Your Body
6 Amazing Abs Exercises that are Better than Crunches
14 Tricks On How To Lose Belly Fat Effortlessly
How To Speed Up Weight Loss – 10 Things You Can Do Now to Accomplish That
Best Science-Based Diet for Fat Loss
5 Surprising Fat Loss Mistakes You Might be Making
19 Foods That Help You Burn Fat Faster
12 Foods That Build Muscle And Burn Fat Simultaneously
5 Breakfast Meals to Lose Belly Fat Faster
10 Underrated Habits to Get You Lean in 2023
How to Burn Fat Without Losing Muscle