Unit 1: Management of Sporting Events
1. Functions of Sports Events Management (Planning, Organising, Staffing, Directing & Controlling)
2. Various Committees & their Responsibilities (pre; during & post)
3. Fixtures and their Procedures – Knock-Out (Bye & Seeding) & League (Staircase, Cyclic, Tabular method) and Combination tournaments.
4. Intramural & Extramural tournaments – Meaning, Objectives & Its Significance
5. Community sports program (Sports Day, Health Run, Run for Fun, Run for Specific Cause & Run for Unity)
Unit 2: Children & Women in Sports
1. Exercise guidelines of WHO for different age groups.
2. Common postural deformities-knock knees, flat foot, round shoulders, Lordosis, Kyphosis, Scoliosis, and bow legs and their respective corrective measures.
3. Women’s participation in Sports – Physical, Psychological, and social benefits.
4. Special consideration (menarche and menstrual dysfunction)
5. Female athlete triad (osteoporosis, amenorrhea, eating disorders.
Unit 3: Yoga as Preventive Measure for Lifestyle Disease
1. Obesity: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana, Matsayasana, Halasana, Pachimottansana, Ardha – Matsyendrasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Suryabedhan pranayama.
2. Diabetes: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana,Bhujang asana, Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana, Suptavajarasana, Paschimottanasan -a, Ardha -Mastendrasana, Mandukasana, Gomukasana, Yogmudra, Ushtrasana, Kapalabhati.
3. Asthma: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Urdhwahastottansana, UttanMandukasan -a, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Vakrasana, Kapalbhati, Gomukhasana Matsyaasana, Anuloma – Viloma.
. Hypertension: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakransan, Uttanpadasana, Ardha Halasana, Sarala Matyasana, Gomukhasana, UttanMandukasan-a, Vakrasana, Bhujangasana, Makarasana, Shavasana, Nadishodhanapranayam, Sitlipranayam.
5. Back Pain and Arthritis: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications of Tadasan, Urdhawahastootansana, Ardh-Chakrasana, Ushtrasana, Vakrasana, Sarala Maysyendrsana, Bhujandgasana, Gomukhasana, Bhadrasana, Makarasana, NadiShodhana pranayama.
Unit 6 Test & Measurement in Sports
1. Fitness Test – SAI Khelo India Fitness Test in school:
Age group 5-8 years/ class 1-3: BMI, Flamingo Balance Test, Plate Tapping Test
Age group 9-18yrs/ class 4-12: BMI, 50mt Speed test, 600mt Run/Walk, Sit & Reach flexibility test, Strength Test (Partial Abdominal Curl Up, PushUps for boys, Modified Push-Ups for girls).
2. Measurement of CardioVascular Fitness – Harvard Step Test – Duration of the Exercise in Seconds x100/5.5 X Pulse count of 1-1.5 Min after Exercise.
3. Computing Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
4. Rikli & Jones –
- Senior Citizen Fitness Test
- Chair Stand Test for lower body strength
- Arm Curl Test for upper body strength
- Chair Sit & Reach Test for lower body flexibility
- Back Scratch Test for upper body flexibility
- Eight Foot Up & Go Test for Agility
- Six-Minute Walk Test for Aerobic Endurance
5. Johnsen – Methney Test of Motor Educability (Front Roll, Roll, Jumping Half-Turn, Jumping full turn
Unit 7 Physiology & Injuries in Sport
1. Physiological factors determining components of physical fitness
2. Effect of exercise on the Muscular System
3. Effect of exercise on the Cardio-Respiratory System
4. Physiological changes due to aging
5. Sports injuries: Classification (Soft Tissue Injuries -Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration, Incision, Sprain & Strain; Bone & Joint Injuries – Dislocation, Fractures – Green Stick, Comminuted, Transverse Oblique & Impacted)
Unit 9 Psychology and Sports
1. Personality; its definition & types (Jung Classification & Big Five Theory)
2. Motivation, its type & techniques.
3. Exercise Adherence: Reasons, Benefits & Strategies for Enhancing it
4. Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in Sports
5. Psychological Attributes in Sports – Self-Esteem, Mental Imagery, SelfTalk, Goal Setting